
Knowing that the extruder is one of the most important parts of the machine, I did a few upgrades on it today. For starters, I installed the new splined stepper shaft that I knurled a few days ago. After testing this out it seemed that the filament was encountering a good deal of friction while being pushed down the barrel. I looked at each piece and found that the guides for the filament on either side of the pinch wheels were the culprit. I ended up removing the top on entirely and drilled out the bottom one to a slightly larger bore and lubed it up with some WD40 to reduce the friction. Next, I wrapped some of the building insulation that I had gotten around the heater barrel and surrounded it with the steel 16mm inner diameter pipe section I had cut. This should help keep the barrel tip from cooling too much compared to the heated barrel section. All that's left now is to try the first print! Wish me luck!
Hi
ReplyDeleteI try it the oposite way. I do own an "professional" CNC Miller system (Heiz ) looks pretty the same then yours. And i try now to do 3d printing just using arduino & stuff
Do you have any hints for me of building the heater head i have also access to a turning lathe. thx tk