Are you still working on this project? I am trying to figure out my own version of a 3D printer. I'm thinking about using a scanner's motor(to move the printer unit instead of paper), and probably 2 printer units: one to print with, and one to advance the level (up and down). I have been trying to figure out what to use as the printing medium(among other things). Technically, I could use dental plaster and distilled water (mixed with maltodextrin?) - and this would be the easiest - since it could use the printer cartridge to contain the water to print with. However, it would be good to have the plastic extruding type of printer- since the products made could be used right off the bat. (I still have to figure out how difficult it would be to acquire the extruder unit and how to install it (if it could work on the initial print circuitry), and find out if I can acquire the material to print with. I'm tending to go with the (I think it's called )PAL because it's corn based, and I think it would be safer to work with. Thanks for your blog: I will be reading up on it and seeing if there are some parts that might apply top what I have planed.
This is fantastic, I am also from IN. I have been looking seriously into creating my own 3d printer as well. Do you have any advice or tips that can help me? Where/How did you get your acrylic cut? I see you haven't posted in a long while I hope this project is still alive and well.
Are you still working on this project? I am trying to figure out my own version of a 3D printer. I'm thinking about using a scanner's motor(to move the printer unit instead of paper), and probably 2 printer units: one to print with, and one to advance the level (up and down).
ReplyDeleteI have been trying to figure out what to use as the printing medium(among other things).
Technically, I could use dental plaster and distilled water (mixed with maltodextrin?) - and this would be the easiest - since it could use the printer cartridge to contain the water to print with. However, it would be good to have the plastic extruding type of printer- since the products made could be used right off the bat.
(I still have to figure out how difficult it would be to acquire the extruder unit and how to install it (if it could work on the initial print circuitry), and find out if I can acquire the material to print with. I'm tending to go with the (I think it's called )PAL because it's corn based, and I think it would be safer to work with.
Thanks for your blog: I will be reading up on it and seeing if there are some parts that might apply top what I have planed.
Thanks Again!
This is fantastic, I am also from IN. I have been looking seriously into creating my own 3d printer as well. Do you have any advice or tips that can help me? Where/How did you get your acrylic cut? I see you haven't posted in a long while I hope this project is still alive and well.
ReplyDelete